There’s a lot of confusion about what the term “post-construction services” means. Some people think that it refers to simple housekeeping duties. Others think that it entails a cursory safety check of the facility.
In reality, however, the term includes every aspect of transitioning the structure to its owners for its intended purpose. This can include:
- A thorough, detailed cleaning of the building and the surrounding area so that it is in safe, spotless condition for the occupants and their clients. This means removing any and all dirt, dust, grime, or residues left over from the construction process. It includes a painstaking survey of the site to ensure there are no shards of glass, toxic chemicals, discarded nails or screws, poorly landscaped topography, or other issues that could detract from the building’s appearance and function.
- A complete inspection of electrical outlets, water delivery and plumbing systems, mechanical fixtures, and other features critical to the smooth operation of the commercial facility. Without this all-important step, the owner may fall victim to defects that only become apparent after money has exchanged hands and the contractor has moved on.
- The preparation of a list of action items to present to the contractor prior to final settlement of the bill. The purpose of this step is to confirm that the building company has fulfilled all of its obligations before the buyer takes full possession of the property. A list of action items may not be necessary in all cases. However, verifying that the property is in turnkey shape prior to opening day is essential for ensuring the venture’s commercial success.
Burriss Building Systems provides expert post-construction services for our clients. Our trained professionals catch details that our competitors might miss. The benefits to you include resolution of any issues, prevention of site-related problems down the road, and peace of mind, allowing you to focus on operating your location without worrying about unforeseen dilemmas.
We use our own trained, trusted long-term employees, not contractors. What does this mean for you? Simply the following:
- You’ll be getting the services of highly trained construction professionals, men and women with years of experience in the industry.
- The confidence that the people working on your project have passed drug screens, criminal records checks, and other assurances of their honesty and integrity.
- The convenience of having a single contracting company to deal with, rather than dozens of small-time operators with varying levels of expertise.
Contact us today to find out more about our post-construction services. We look forward to hearing from you and working together on your next construction project.